Royal Mail is a people business. Our employees, postmen and postwomen are fundamental to our success.
Investing in our people
Our colleagues take great pride in the valuable work that they do and it shows. The turnover rate of our full-time frontline workforce is about half the UK average. However, we face great changes in our business as we modernise.
During this time of change, it is vital that our people are engaged with the business and our strategy. We want to communicate clearly with our people throughout this process and we also wish to involve and encourage our employees to suggest how we can improve the way we work.
Employee engagement is now a key scorecard measure and we report regularly on our progress.
In the last 12 months we have also:
- Published more than 17 regular and special editions of Courier, our employee magazine
- Held three conferences for some 6,000 managers to keep them informed about our progress against our strategy
- Broadcast weekly programmes on RMTV via myroyalmail.com keep our frontline staff up-to-date in the workplace
- Held Weekly Work Time Listening and Learning (WTLL) sessions at every Royal Mail site
- Sent around 200 members of the senior leadership team out to meet employees in mail centres and delivery offices to talk with our colleagues about our business strategy.
The Feedback from these meetings is being fed to the Chief Executive and the senior management team.
Did you know?
- We employ around 151,000 staff in the UK
- 65,000 Royal Mail Group employees have experienced formal training in the most recent reporting period
- The turnover rate of our full-time frontline workforce is half the UK average
- Reported accidents across the business fell by 26 per cent in the last year
Registered Office Royal Mail Group Ltd, 100 Victoria Embankment, London, EC4Y 0HQ
© Royal Mail Group Limited 2013