We are international in our outlook and business networks. We provide letter and parcel services to and from countries around the world under reciprocal arrangements with other overseas postal administrations.
Wherever in the world our customers want to send a letter or parcel, we can deliver.
Alongside this, our pan-European business, General Logistics Systems (GLS), is one of the largest ground-based deferred parcel delivery service providers in Europe. It provides parcel and express services as well as logistics solutions.
The GLS network covers 37 countries through wholly owned and partner companies, is globally connected through contractual agreements and acts as the Group’s gateway to Europe, opening up new opportunities.
The mix of international business we do is changing, shifting away from traditional letters and postcards towards parcels. With the growth in borderless online retailing and our links around the globe, our international mail business is growing.
We are helping large and small companies export their goods. Mail is also used by companies to promote their services overseas and grow the loyalty of those customers. Our customers include the major online retailers as well as entrepreneurs.
A range of international services
We offer a range of international mail services for business customers including:
- International Business Airmail, a cost-effective way to send letters, magazines and goods worldwide using a franking machine or an account.
- Airsure, a fast and fully tracked service to 30 key destinations worldwide.
- International Signed For, a signature-required service providing extra reassurance to customers that items they have sent using Airmail or Surface Mail have arrived.
- International Goods Returns, enabling retailers to offer their international customers a free returns option, removing one of the biggest barriers of purchasing goods overseas.
- Personal customers can also use our international delivery service. We aim to deliver mail and parcels to Europe within three to five working days.
Global and green
Our customers benefit from a truly global mail business. We reach every country on the planet with consistent, reliable performance to our quality targets – 3-5 days in Europe and 5-7 days for the rest of the world. Our services are good value. Our tracked and signed-for services are half the price of many courier services. We also consider the environment, keeping our carbon footprint to a minimum by only using scheduled flights to send our mail rather than chartering flights specifically for our use.
Registered Office Royal Mail plc 100 Victoria Embankment London EC4Y 0HQ
© Royal Mail Group Limited 2013